Filling out your application? Prepping for the big interview? Waiting for a call back? Our recruiters from around the world share their best secrets for getting the job offer.
- Know what you want out of a job. Even if you don’t know the exact position or title, know what interests you. It’s hard to help a candidate find the right fit if he or she doesn’t know what they’re looking for.
- Don’t forget the basics. Completing the application and updating your resume can be tedious, but that attention to detail won’t be overlooked.
- Tailor your resume. A generic resume won’t stand out, so adapt your objective statement to the position you’ve applied for and highlight any related experience.
- Do your homework. Spend time researching the business before you interview. You’ll learn a lot, and it will set you apart from other candidates.
- Always ask questions. Have questions prepared about the company or role. If you don’t ask us any questions, we assume you’re not that interested.
- Interview us. Choosing a new career or company is a huge decision. Don’t hesitate to ask for specifics about the culture and development opportunities. Make sure it is a good fit for you, too.
- Show us what you know. Take time to review the job description and identify specific examples of experiences or skills that correlate directly to the role.
- Network. Be proactive and reach out to current associates, your recruiter, HR generalist or hiring manager. Find out as much as you can about what it’s like to work here, and don’t be afraid to follow up.